Device is Too Small
Your device is way too small to view our website! Please use a newer mobile device or desktop to shop our website. If you do not have access to one of these, you can contact us to place an order at 800-504-5989 M-F 8am-5pm CST, or

Frequently Asked Questions:

Don't see your question?
Please call us, toll free at 800-504-5989 or our local number 608-443-4064.
Live support is available Monday - Friday 8am to 5 pm CST

1) How do I compare measurements from my old register to your registers?
Registers are listed for the hole size that they fit into. This is the industry standard. For instance, the 4x12s are made to fit into a hole with the dimensions of 4 inches by 12 inches. This means that you shouldn't measure your old register at all, just the hole your old register came out of.

2) How do I know what size return air grille to order?
Measure the hole opening. The return air grille size is stated as horizontal by vertical. A hole size of 24 x 12 inch means the horizontal length is 24 inch and the vertical length is 12 inch. Floor register sizes will be stated the opposite way, vertical by horizontal.

3) How do I know what size wall register to order?
Measure the hole opening. The wall register measurement is given in the same manner as a return air grille; horizontal by vertical. A hole size of 12 x 6 inches (horizontal x vertical) would need a 12 x 6 inch wall register.

4) I can't find my size. Do you do custom registers or grills?
Please call us at 800-504-5989 or email - with the following information, as we want to make sure that you have not overlooked a possible match.
  1. What is the hole opening size?
  2. What is the finish you are looking for?
  3. Is there a particular style you are looking for?
  4. Are you looking for a floor, wall, or ceiling grill / register?
Phones are answered Monday - Friday from 8am - 5pm CST.

5) I hear the terms register, grille, vent, etc. What is the difference?
Register - A register has a damper and is used as a supply vent cover.
Grille - A grille does not have a damper and can be used as a return or as a supply vent cover. You will not be able to shut off the air flow with this type of vent cover.
Damper - On a register the damper is louvers or a plate that can be moved back and forth to adjust the airflow into a room.
What is the difference between a register and a return air grille? - A register has a damper which can be used to control the airflow as it is coming into a room. The return air grille does not have a damper and the airflow returns to the source.
Sometimes I see the term "vent cover" used for both registers and air returns. Which is it?
The term vent cover refers to both registers and cold air returns. A vent cover is what is put over an air vent opening. It's not a reference to whether there is a damper or not.
Supply vent - Air is coming into the room through the floor, wall, or ceiling vents.
Return vent - Air flow is out of the room.

6) What is a faceplate?
A faceplate is the border around the register or return air grille. The faceplate (outside edge) measurement is greater than the hole size, usually by about 1 ½ inches. Specific faceplate sizes are given when you click on the individual product picture.

7) I like your wooden flush-mount registers. Can they be used after my floor has been installed?

No, flush mount registers are made to be installed at the same time as your hardwood floor is installed. They have grooves on the outside, so they connect with your hardwood floor, which means you must install flush-mount registers at the same time your wood floor is installed. You will not be able to use with any other type of flooring such as tile, stone, linoleum, carpet, etc.

8) The register I have now has gotten rusty. Do you offer a register that will not rust?
Yes, for moisture areas we recommend registers made with high density ABS resin. These registers will not rust or corrode. There are a variety of finishes, styles, and sizes to fit most any need.

9) Do you sell matching floor and wall registers other than color white?
We carry a large selection of registers that can be used on both your floors and walls. Check out the following styles to see specific wall installation instructions which can be found by clicking on the picture for the specific sized registers you need.
Contemporary - Victorian - Rockwell

10) I have received part of my order, but some of the registers / grilles are missing? Where is the rest of my order?
The following styles of register / grilles may be drop shipped directly from the manufacturer:
Classic Grills - Marquis - Pattern Cut - Urban Grills and Registers - Return Air Filter Grille - Worth Filter Grille - Zoroufy

11) Do you have a catalog of your products or products?
In order to offer the best prices for our products we do not offer a catalog. Please bookmark our homepage for easy access.

12) What is your return policy?
Check out our Shipping & Returns webpage for the most current information.

13) A coupon code I found on a coupon sharing website is not applying. Why is this?
Third party coupon sharing sites have codes and offers submitted directly by users. Floor Resources LLC does not supply codes to these wesites. If you have any questions about a code you may have found, please call us and verify with our staff.

14) Do you have any discounts or promotions available?
Please see our Sales & Promotions webpage for details on current promotions.

Your Cart:
Shopping Cart  Shopping Cart
0 Product(s) in cart
Total $0.00
» Checkout
Your Account:
Login Status  Login Status

Not logged in

» Login

RapidSSL - Our website is 248-bit Encrypted for Security! - Credit Card transactions are securely handled by!
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional
Valid CSS
A Division of Floor Resources LLC © 2014; No hotlinking, copying of images, code, or text is allowed.